Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fashion Quotes

Not knowing anything about the world of designer fashion - I thought I'd try a bit of self education via google and find quotes I liked by the 'fashion world'...firstly I thought I'd start with Karl Lagerfeld: Fashion does not have to prove that it is serious. It is the proof that intelligent frivolity can be something creative and positive. This is what I enjoy about Hannah's forays into the world of fashion. She in fact has no idea about the House of Chanel but she definitely demonstrates that 'intelligent frivolity' he mentions. Hannah knows the look she is after and her demonstrating that creativity is a positive force - I wonder how many people who when they first hear the diagnosis of 'Down Syndrome' worry about the intellectual disability? I did. I cried for a week. Of course for me it was more that I found out the baby I carried had a major heart defect and may have DS - so in hindsight I can't say how much I cried about the DS because I was so freaked out by the news of Hannah's congenital heart defect. What is a good life? How do we decide quality of life? These are questions I ponder but on which I dare not draw any line other than to say that with all her joyousness and 'bon vivant' her creative idiosyncratic determination - a 'good life' is certainly what my daughter enjoys and she and her brother are a very important part of why I'd say I have a 'good life'. To be creative is like a lifeblood. Yet by its own definition creativity cannot be contained or fully understood. Where will Hannah's creativity take her? I have no idea but I know that she is on a creative journey and I am happy to follow along. PS Just like we have 'bad hair days' and some of Hannah's outfits seem more of a 'miss' than a 'hit' some of these fashion quotes can suffer a similar fate...

No comments:

Post a Comment